Monday, June 22, 2009

recent prototypes

I just completed (whatever that means ) this rock like base project that has been developing since last October. Now, what to do? One of my favorite things is sketching with objects, arranging and re-arranging, until something makes sense conceptually and visually. Left, a vase or sprouts for porcelain branches. Next, mops head on a pillow, new forms carrying their material history. Right of center, rat on rat action. Far right, Katie and I found these thick porcelain tiles used in science labs at Mendelssons, in Dayton.

1 comment:

grrrissa said...

Your work and blog are awesome! I really enjoy the posts about your process. Not too long ago I got into mold making and slip casting and the pictures/info you post are quite helpful.

Thanks for sharing,
-Larissa
http://tr.im/grrrissa